The E/N Tech & VC Fellows Program
Posted on Aug 1, 2016 in Announcements
Egan Nelson is always looking for 2L/3L law students and junior attorneys to participate in the E/N Tech & VC Fellows program, which serves as a direct on-ramp to becoming an Attorney in E/N’s Emerging Technology & Venture Capital practice.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Great executive skills – time management, e-mail management, calendar management.
- A demonstrated interest in emerging technology companies and venture capital, including relevant law school coursework.
- Familiarity with modern SaaS tools, and willingness to learn and implement new legal technology.
- Commitment to a culture of being self-driven, detail-oriented, efficient, and creative, all while maintaining a decent (for a lawyer) sense of humor.
- A strong desire to have a real, healthy personal life, while building a world class, partner-track legal practice.
Details of Program
- For 2 years, Fellows will work alongside senior Tech & VC attorneys and partners learning the fundamentals of emerging tech and venture capital law: formations, seed and venture capital, acquisitions and private equity, financing strategy, and day-to-day corporate counsel.
- Hands-on, regular training from experienced senior attorneys and partners regarding (i) business development strategy, (ii) client management, (iii) legal project management, and (iv) leading edge technology.
- During those 2 years, compensation will be competitive, but intentionally about 15% below compensation at national law firms with top-tier Startup & VC practices, yet with materially lower billable hour requirements.
- After Year 2, Fellows will graduate to become full Tech & VC Attorneys in E/N’s tech practice, with top-of-market compensation at lower billable hour requirements, and at hourly billing rates substantially below those billed by attorneys at other firms.
- Candidates located outside of E/N’s core markets, and with an interest in working remotely, are encouraged to apply.
- For highly qualified candidates, E/N is also open to paid fellowships during a law student’s 3L year, with students working remotely from the location of their law school. Interested law students should contact us during their 2L year.
E/N Fellows will be well-rounded, ambitious lawyers who are committed to a long-term career in emerging tech law. Our firm offers a radically new approach to law practice that rewards the market’s top lawyers with compensation, professional development, and a level of control over their lives unavailable at traditional law firms.
If this sounds of interest to you, and you believe you meet the criteria, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with (i) your background, (ii) why you are interested in becoming an E/N Fellow, (iii) a recent law school transcript, and (iv) a link to your LinkedIn profile. No resumes please.