Jeff McWhirt Partner
- Insurance Regulatory
Jeff’s practice focuses on representing insurance agents and brokers, managing underwriters, surplus lines brokers and insurance carriers. Jeff previously served as the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer for a large international specialty insurance broker. Jeff helps clients find pragmatic solutions to achieve their business objectives while navigating today’s ever complex and regulated business world.
Jeff has extensive experience in insurance law and insurance regulation, including excess and surplus lines. He has worked on a broad range of such matters nationwide, including, producer compensation, carrier security and ratings, policy forms, reinsurance, Department of Insurance investigations, producer licensing, electronic trading, disclosures including licensing and compensation, insurance agent and broker acquisitions, carrier-producer agreements, risk purchasing groups, master polices, insurance web sites, and insurance advertising. Jeff also has broad experience in communicating with and facilitating interactions with departments of insurance, insurance regulators and investigators. He has been a regular speaker at surplus lines conferences and educational events for the last seven years. Jeff is active with the Surplus Lines Law Group and is a member of the SILA Surplus Lines Subgroup Steering Committee.
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law (J.D.)
- Northwest Missouri State University (B.S.)
- WSIA Marcus Payne Advanced E&S Instructor (2022)
- SILA Surplus Lines Advanced Class Instructor (2015-2022)
- SILA Surplus Lines Subgroup Steering Committee and Compliance Educational Conference Panel (2015-2022)
- Regulatory Compliance in Surplus Lines Producer Mergers and Acquisitions Presenter (2022)