José Ancer Partner
- Startup and Emerging Technology
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Corporate & Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
José is an emerging companies-focused corporate and securities partner, representing market-leading startups and emerging growth companies across the country on high-stakes strategic matters. He also serves both as a Managing Partner of the firm’s Emerging Companies practice and as the firm’s Chief Technology Officer, with a focus on leveraging leading-edge technology to drive efficiencies and improve the user experience of the E/N client base.
His legal practice focuses on formation, angel and venture capital financings, acquisitions, complex commercial and corporate transactions, and general advisory regarding corporate and financing strategy.
While attending Harvard Law School, he was awarded Dean’s Scholar Prizes in Securities Regulation, Startup Company Law & Finance, and Business Strategy.
Prior to joining the firm, José practiced in the Austin Technology and Emerging Companies group of Andrews Kurth LLP.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., with highest honors, Phi Beta Kappa)
Jose has represented technology & CPG entrepreneurs and their companies on hundreds of millions of dollars in seed and venture capital financings, acquisitions, and complex transactions; comprising a broad, diverse set of business models and growth paths.
- Silicon Hills Lawyer – An internationally followed legal blog on startup law and venture capital fundamentals. Select articles:
- AlleyWatch: When VCs “own” your startup’s lawyers
Markets Recently Represented
- Asset Tracking and Management “IoT”
- AI and Machine Learning
- Enterprise Cybersecurity
- Biometric-based Identity Verification
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- WordPress Hosting
- Enterprise CRM and Collaboration SaaS
- Carbon-based Nanotechnology
- Targeted E-Commerce and Online Retail
- Online and Mobile-Based Grocery Delivery
- Developer Platforms
- Vertical-Focused Social Media
- Bluetooth and iBeacons
- Online Ed-Tech Platforms
- Consumer-Focused Hardware
- Online Content Platforms
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Online Advertising Automation SaaS
- Mobile-Based Cognitive Assessment Tech
- Video Game Data Analytics
- Cloud-based AI infrastructure
- Ketone-based Consumer Supplements
- Online CBD Oil Retail
- Various other graduates of nationally recognized accelerators.