Marc Legrand Senior Attorney
- Commercial & Tech Transactions
- Software & IP Licensing
- Startup & Emerging Technology
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Marc is a commercial and technology transactions attorney whose practice focuses on helping clients acquire, develop, protect, and monetize valuable intellectual property and technology assets.
Marc drafts and negotiates agreements covering all phases of the commercialization process, from development and testing through marketing and sales. He facilitates transactions including outsourcing, consulting services, SaaS subscriptions, end user and B2B licensing, website and mobile app terms and privacy policies, and referral arrangements. Marc also assists with the intellectual property components of corporate transactions such as identifying and assessing IP-related risks and opportunities in M&A deals. Marc has worked with large and small clients in a variety of industries including software, e-commerce, hospitality, aviation, and healthcare.
Marc studied at Columbia Law School, where he was an editor for the Foundation Moot Court program and on the staff of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law. Marc also spent a semester as a judicial intern to the Hon. John G. Koeltl of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Before joining Egan Nelson, Marc practiced in the Dallas technology transactions group of Haynes and Boone, LLP.
Marc is a native speaker of both English and French.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2014, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Journal of Environmental Law
- B.A., Political Science, Wake Forest University, 2011, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “Developments in Privacy Law: Updates and Best Practices,” speaker, Haynes and Boone In The Loop CLE Lunch Series, October 18, 2018.
- “IoT in air cargo: making cargo talk!,” panelist, IATA’s 12th World Cargo Symposium, March 15, 2018.
- “Franchisors Must Find The Right Data Security Balance,” co-author, Law360, August 21, 2015.
- Included in the “Ones to Watch” category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021