Investment Funds & Partnerships
Egan Nelson’s client base covers a broad range of the fund sponsor spectrum, from large, well-established players to emerging participants.
Our fund formation lawyers have substantial experience in:
- The formation and capitalization of private investment funds of all sizes and investment strategies, including buyout funds, growth equity funds, middle market funds, infrastructure funds, real estate funds, debt funds, funds-of-funds, secondary funds, special situations funds and hedge funds;
- The establishment of investment firms, including negotiating investment professionals’ exits from prior employers and negotiating such strategic imperatives as succession planning, monetization alternatives, and partner admission and separation matters;
- Representing buyers and sellers of fund interests in secondary transactions;
- Creating carried interest and employee co-investment schemes and advising on executive incentivization and retention arrangements; and
- Representing institutional investors in connection with their investments in funds and participation in co-investments and other related transactions.